As we prepare to reopen to customers and cats, things are going to look a little different for a short time here at Catseye!
Please see what you can expect when you visit us, bring your cats to stay or when collecting.
This information is correct as of 9 December 2020 but may change at any time.
- Face to face contact with customers will be kept to a minimum for the foreseeable future.
- We will contact you the day before arrival to explain how our procedures are running in light of Coronavirus. You will be asked to pay by card over the phone. We take this opportunity to check and update all your information including vaccination record/s, flea and worming treatments.
- WHEN COMPLETING THE ARRIVAL CHECKS IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE TRAVEL DETAILS INCLUDING DESTINATION AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS ARE CLEARLY DOCUMENTED ON THE RECORD. IF A THIRD PARTY DROPS OFF OR COLLECTS THE CAT/S WE NEED THEIR DETAILS TOO FOR POTENTIAL CONTACT TRACING.
- Regrettably, only one person or one household bubble will be permitted entering the cattery Reception at one time. Please wear a face covering within the reception area.
- If you think that you have Covid 19 symptoms or have recently come into contact with anyone else that may, you should not enter our cattery facilities. Please seek advice from NHS Scotland 111.
- Customers will be given a 30 minute arrival/ departure slot to avoid more than one being there at a time. If more than one person arrives to bring/ collect a cat only one person should be allowed to approach the reception. If more than one cat arrives at the same time, the first person should be processed while the second person is asked to remain in their car until the reception is clear.
- To protect our staff, you will not be allowed past through the reception to kitchen door for any reason.
- You will be directed to the bathroom to wash your hands and use hand sanitiser, only if you need to enter the reception area. Please be advised to avoid touching anything.
- Staff will need to take cats through to settle them in the room and also bring them back out to reception once you arrives to collect the cat/s. We appreciate that this is not ideal but customers will have to accept the changes until life returns to normal.
- Customers will be discouraged from bringing any unnecessary items from home unless they can be easily disinfected with disinfectant wipe or spray – such as hard plastic toys and beds.
- The cat carrier/s will be washed and disinfected by our Team immediately the cat is settled. The carrier will be returned to the cat’s room once dry.
- Any cat foods/ medicines brought by you will need to be wiped with disinfectant solution on arrival to protect staff.
- If there is any item that cannot be reliably cleaned it should be isolated for 72 hours before use or given back to the customer to take away.
- Sadly, customers will not be able to arrive unexpectedly for a tour of the cattery. If you do, you will be turned away and an appointment made.
- COLLECTIONS / DELIVERIES This service will continue with adjustments. The van will be cleared of all unnecessary items and a plastic covering placed on the floor of the van. This should be sprayed with disinfectant before and after every collection/ delivery. The customer will be contacted the day before to confirm times. Any paperwork e.g. Vet Authorisation forms, medication forms etc will be dealt with via email where possible. If this is not possible the forms should be placed in a plastic A4 sleeve as soon as possible and kept in the sleeve for 72 hours before handling it again. The customer will be asked to have the cat ready in the carrier to hand over at the doorstep on arrival to minimise any prolonged face to face contact. Gloves and plastic apron should be worn when carrying the carrier and disposed of carefully. The carrier will be disinfected immediately on arrival and then placed in the cat’s room. If any carrier is not readily cleanable it should be isolated for 72 hours before handling it again.
- Any foods / other items brought with the cat should be disinfected on arrival before being placed in the kitchen / room.
We thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Michael & Helen