Updated 18 April 2022.
Please see what you can expect when you visit us, bring your cats to stay or when collecting.
This information is correct as of 18 April 2022 but may change at any time.
We’re all getting used to life with Covid so we can now relax some of the more stringent measures that were in place at Catseye Cattery.
- We will contact you by email the day before arrival to let you know what to expect when you arrive. Details of what information we need from you and how to communicate that to us will be contained in that email.
- WHEN COMPLETING THE ARRIVAL CHECKS IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE TRAVEL DETAILS INCLUDING DESTINATION AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS ARE CLEARLY DOCUMENTED ON THE RECORD. IF A THIRD PARTY DROPS OFF OR COLLECTS THE CAT/S WE NEED THEIR DETAILS TOO FOR POTENTIAL CONTACT TRACING.
- If you think that you have Covid 19 symptoms or have recently come into contact with anyone else that may, you should not enter our cattery facilities. Please seek advice from NHS Scotland 111.
- Hand sanitizer is available to all our customers and staff to use if needed.
- Sadly, customers will not be able to arrive unexpectedly for a tour of the cattery. If you do, you will be turned away and an appointment made.
- CAT COLLECTIONS / DELIVERIES This service will continue with adjustments. Customers will be contacted the day before arrival to confirm times. Any paperwork e.g. Vet Authorisation forms, medication forms etc will be dealt with via email where possible. Customer will be asked to have the cat/s ready in the carrier to hand over at the doorstep on arrival to minimise any prolonged face to face contact. Our driver will not enter your home.
- You no longer have to wear a face covering when entering any area of the cattery facility. But you can wear one if you want to.
We thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Michael & Helen